Email marketing is sending out emails to current, past and potential clients to promote your business. This helps to keep a relationship strong and in touch with current and past clients and by sending out free information, tips, guides, specials and coupons your current, past and potential clients so you can then turn into paid clients again and again.
Email marketing programs (platforms, provider, campaigns or want ever you want to call it) allows you to create lists of clients (either potential and/ or current clients or past ones) and contact them regularly with the aim to have your potential clients becoming paying customers and your current clients becoming repeat clients.
But I already have a list of customers that I contact regularly?
If you do that awesome. How do you normally communicate with them? I used to save all my customers email addresses into a word or excel document and copy them into an email when I wanted to send out an email. How much time does that take up through?
Then you need to make sure you don’t breach privacy when sending out a bulk email. If you are putting all the email addresses in the To or CC may be a breach of privacy as when doing this, all the receivers can see everyone else’s emails addresses. So, in this case, you should the BCC (Blind client copy) which hides all the addresses from the recipients. But who really reads boring emailed filled with just words and what if that person doesn’t want to receive emails anymore?.
Don’t you want to be able to jazz it up with photos so you draw people in and not have to manually delete people from your list etc? This is another reason to use an email marketing provider.
Let’s go ahead and take a look at the different email marketing platform.
There heaps of them available from MailChimp, Mailerlite, Convert kit, Active campaign to name a few. Some offer free trials, or free for up to 1000 or so clients or very low cost etc. Check out my overview of Email marketing providers that gives you a comparison of some of the top marketing platforms, what they offer, how easy they are to use and the pricing.
I personally use Mailerlite, but I have a huge amount of clients that use MailChimp as you don’t need a website to use mail chimp, but a review from a lot of other business owners say that Convertkit or active campaign is the best. They all do great jobs so it’s completely up your business needs and your budget. All of them have great set up guides and support. Once you decide on the best one to fit your needs then go ahead and join up or trial one.
Benefits of an email marketing
Email marketing offers several benefits for businesses. Here are some additional advantages of implementing email marketing:
1. Cost-effective: Email marketing is a cost-effective method compared to traditional marketing channels. It eliminates the need for printing, postage, or advertising fees associated with other forms of marketing. With a well-managed email marketing strategy, businesses can reach a large audience at a fraction of the cost.
2. Targeted audience: Email marketing allows you to target specific groups or segments of your audience based on their preferences, demographics, or past interactions. By segmenting your email list, you can tailor your messages to resonate with different customer segments, leading to higher engagement and conversion rates.
3. Personalization: With email marketing, you can personalize your messages based on recipient data. By addressing recipients by their name and tailoring the content to their interests or past purchase history, you can create a more personalized and relevant experience. Personalization can significantly improve engagement and build stronger relationships with your customers.
4. Automation and scalability: Email marketing tools offer automation features that allow you to streamline your campaigns and save time. You can set up automated emails triggered by specific actions or events, such as welcoming new subscribers, following up on abandoned carts, or sending birthday greetings. This automation enables you to scale your email marketing efforts without sacrificing personalization.
5. Measurable results and analytics: Email marketing provides detailed analytics and metrics to track the success of your campaigns. You can monitor open rates, click-through rates, conversion rates, and other key performance indicators (KPIs) to evaluate the effectiveness of your emails. This data helps you make data-driven decisions, refine your strategies, and optimize future campaigns for better results.
6. Increased website traffic and sales: Well-crafted email campaigns can drive traffic to your website or online store. By including relevant links or compelling call-to-action buttons in your emails, you can encourage recipients to visit your website, explore your products or services, and make purchases. Effective email marketing can contribute to increased conversions and revenue.
7. Customer retention and loyalty: Email marketing is an excellent tool for nurturing customer relationships and fostering loyalty. By sending regular newsletters, exclusive offers, or personalized recommendations, you can keep your brand top-of-mind and stay connected with your audience. Building strong relationships with your customers through email can lead to repeat business, referrals, and positive word-of-mouth.
Remember, to maximize the benefits of email marketing, it’s essential to comply with relevant email regulations, maintain a clean and engaged subscriber list, and deliver valuable and engaging content to your recipients.
Need helping to set your email marketing platform up?
Contact us to get help for us to set it up for you.
I’m Jacinta Thomas, also known as your humble wordpress web design tech whiz and online marketing consultant.
I’m a reserved yet highly motivated and adaptable digital marketing expert ready to use my online marketing knowledge to help your business be seen online and ramp up your sales. I love horses, dogs, cats, country music, chocolate and most of all helping people.
I help family focused entrepreneurs build top ranking, self-managed websites, help work through any wordpress tech issues and get set up with hosting, blogging, SEO and social media, so they can earn more money and live their dream life.
If you’re ready to get your business online, and seen on social media and all search engines then check out my blog, biz resources, jump into my free Facebook group and of course contact me at any time.